9.29.2012

My Baking Fail

A couple of months back, I decided to move the baking soda to an airtight containersimilar to the one the flourwas in. Today I decided to bake this cake recipe, because it was simple and I hadn't baked anything in a while. The recipe called for flour and I grabbed one of those airtight containers. I added all the ingredients and poured the batter into the cupcake panI tasted a bit of the batter and it tasted kind of bitter. I assumed it was nothing and popped it in the oven. Twenty minutes later my pan and oven look like this:
Poop. I added baking soda, not flour to the batter. And I get to clean it up. This is such a fail. Sigh. On the bright side, now I have to clean the oven, a task I've been putting off forever! xoxo Ife

P.S. What baking fails have you had? Tell me via email or comment!

EDIT: Baking soda is a great cleaning agent, and now the stainless steel shows through my otherwise burnt(?) cupcake pan

2 comments:

  1. When my sister and I were baking brownies, we decided to locate a suitable replacement for butter; we settled on motor oil. The long and short of the situation was that my sister took a bite into our freshly baked brownies and was rushed-almost immediately- to a hospitable. She has not been the same since, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's horrible. I hope she gets better by some crazy miracle.

    ReplyDelete

Put in your two cents!